The good people of Georgia were hard hit my Hurricane Matthew and the damage it brought highlights the need for sound homeowners insurance coverage. Many families discovered they were underinsured for such catastrophes and that's a reason that, for Harmony Insurance, Georgia is a place our insurance agents can help. The professionals at our Braselton, GA, office are available to discuss a policy that provides you with security.
Homeowners insurance is generally required anytime you have a mortgage on your home. Most homeowner's insurance policies generally cover such items as:
- Dwelling: It will pay to repair or replace your home if damaged or a total loss. It includes, structure, electrical, plumbing heating and cooling systems, etc.
- Outbuilding and structures: Sheds, garages, fences, and other detached structures are generally covered.
- Personal property: Insurance generally will pay for damaged furniture, clothing, electronics, and personal items.
- Loss of use Expenses: While your home is under repair, homeowners may pay for temporary living quarters.
- Liability: Should you fall victim to a lawsuit, homeowners insurance generally covers for your legal defense.
- Miscellaneous: There are numerous other unique items that you may choose to select coverage for under your policy.
While homeowners insurance provides a tremendous amount of peace of mind for you and your family, there are things that may prompt you to select additional coverage.
Some natural disasters are covered by homeowners insurance, but there are exceptions such as flood insurance. As communities along the 100 miles of Georgia coast are now aware particularly the barrier islands of Savannah - flood coverage is not standard.
The State of Georgia enjoys numerous rivers that run to the sea and drainage basins that can overflow in heavy rains. People living in these low-lying areas are susceptible to flooding. These rising waters can harm your home in ways that go beyond torn shingles or downed fences. Many times, they bring mold and soak into areas that are difficult to dry. Remediation often requires specialized cleaning professionals on top of repair.
For Harmony Insurance, Georgia is a place that has unique dangers that need to be thoroughly vetted before finalizing a homeowner's insurance policy. If you need homeowners insurance or think that you may be underinsured, give us a call at our Braselton, GA, office today. One of our insurance agents can discuss your insurance needs and design a policy to meet them.