The State of Georgia requires that all motorists have car insurance. It's also important to note that it is not a no-fault auto insurance state, which means there are few restrictions on injured parties filing a lawsuit against you. These are just two of the reasons that at Harmony Insurance, Georgia motorists are a high priority when it comes to discussing coverage that will properly protect you in the event of a tragedy or loss. And, agents at our Braselton, GA, are ready to help you.
Minimum Insurance Standards
The minimum liability insurance requirements to drive a vehicle in Georgia are comparable to many states. They include:
- Bodily Injury coverage of $25,000 per person and $50,000 for multiple injured parties.
- Property damage coverage of $25,000 per accident.
These are considered the minimum coverages under Georgia law. However, when you consider the high cost of medical treatment, long-term care in the event of a serious injury or loss, these are likely to fall short. Also, the price of many new vehicles far exceeds $25,000. Once these amounts are exhausted, an injured party can file a lawsuit against you to recover damages. That's why at Harmony Insurance, we believe Georgia motorists should be fully and properly insured.
Optional Car Insurance
Beyond raising the minimum limits of your policy, additional coverage options may be advisable, such as:
- Collision: This would pay for damage to your vehicle in the event of an accident.
- Comprehensive: This option would cover a loss that you incur that was not related to an accident.
- Medical and funeral expenses: In the event of a tragedy, this option would provide more extensive coverage.
- Uninsured motorist: While Georgia requires that all motorists have insurance, there are instances where people don't adhere to the law. This would also cover you if a negligent driver's insurance policy has expired.
- Failure to have valid insurance can trigger penalties under Georgia law that include loss of license, fines and a Safety Responsibility Insurance Certificate requirement. Most importantly, it's important to protect you and your loved ones in the event of a motor vehicle accident.
- For Harmony Insurance, Georgia is a place that has unique insurance needs. If you need auto insurance or think that you may be underinsured, give us a call at our Braselton, GA, office today. One of our insurance agents can discuss your insurance needs and design a policy to meet them.